[singlepic id=1360 w=752 h=114 float=center]
IEEEXtreme 5.0 is scheduled for 22 October 2011. IEEEXtreme programming is a 24 hour programming competition for students across the globe. It is growing rapidly and with your help, it will become the world’s largest programming competition. As Project Lead, I am actively looking for volunteers and judges to participate.
Your contributions of time and talent to this important, high exposure event are deeply appreciated. Please see the web link below for more information. We thought you might be interested or that you would know of others who might volunteer. If so, please forward or re-post this request, thanks!
Please respond with your interest, feedback, or experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 July 2011.
Web link: http://www.ieee.org/xtreme
The commitment expected from Judge:
· Create and submit two problems & solution ( at least in 1 langage) for inclusion in the competition ( Students can code in one of the following languages : C, C++, or JAVA )
· Review and test two problems submitted by other judges or validity and solution
· Spend a few hours on competition day judging the submitted problems
The benefits of participation:
· Your programming problems are tackled by thousands of IEEE student member
· Your name will be listed on the IEEE web site
· It’s fun!!! There were over 1500 students who participated in last year’s competition we expect more this year. The excitement generated by participant’s before/during/after the competition is infectious!
· This is a global on-line competition – judges can work from the comfort of their own home/work space during reasonable waking hours.
The problem difficulty in this year’s competition will consist of three levels: Easy, Medium, and Hard. Attached, please find some sample problems from previous competitions for your reference. Do not feel limited by these problems when developing your own – exercise your creativity and ingenuity.
On behalf of the 5.0 project team and Matthew Erickson, Immediate Past (4.0) Project Lead, we thank you for your consideration and support of IEEE’s student membership program and initiatives!