Τhere is a need to recognize the essential work of the sections in Region 8 regarding student membership development, but also to promote and encourage sections to work on that direction. The purpose of this award is to recognize the greatest student membership development efforts by Region 8 Sections. The following categories of Sections will be considered:
- Large Section: 451 or more total student members as of 31 December of the past year
- Medium Section: 151–450 total student members as of 31 December of the past year
- Small Section: 150 or fewer total student members as of 31 December of the past year
- All Region 8 Sections which have appointed and reported a SSAC (“Student Activities” officer position) and/or a SSR (“SAC-Representative (Student Representative)” officer position) are eligible for the award according to their relative size;
- Three such Awards will be presented annually; one for each category.
All eligible Sections are nominated automatically. “Gold medalists” should provide information for their best practices on student membership development in September.
The deadline of the award is considered to be prior to the Autumn Region 8 Meeting.
The retention and recruiting goals for student membership and the best practices in student membership development with information for student membership promotion and student activities are considered in the selection of this Award. A “silver medal” is awarded if one goal is achieved, and “gold medal” is awarded if both goals are achieved. The “gold medal” with the best practices in student membership development should be considered the winner of this Award.
A digital medal for medalists. A digital certificate, a customized award plaque and $500 cash award for each winner for use on Student Activities purposes for winners.