The IEEE Region 8 Student Activities Committee is announcing the Local Student Paper Contest Events Program. This program calls for section student activities and student branch leaders to submit their own version of a local student paper contest and get the chance to showcase their papers on the Regional Student Paper Contest.
The program aims to:
- Giving incentives to IEEE Region 8 Sections and Student Branches for establishing local student paper contests;
- Provide an opportunity to students to showcase their technical skills;
- Promote Regional Student Paper Contest, as well as increase awareness and participation.
The program rules are the following:
- Applicants to this program can be either Sections or Student Branches;
- The application should include an endorsement letter:
- For Sections, only Section Chair, SSAC or SSR can provide an endorsement;
- For Student Branches, only Student Branch Chair or Counselor can provide an endorsement.
- Participants should be students affiliated with the organizing OU;
- The local SPC papers can not get published on conference proceedings with ISBN;
- The local contest should follow the rules of R8 SPC;
- The finalists papers of these local events have to be submitted in the Regional Student Paper Contest:
- 1 finalist for OUs with less than 100 student members;
- 2 finalists for OUs with 100 – 199 student members;
- 3 finalists for OUs with more than 200 student members.
- Note: Student members include both Student Member Grade and Graduate Student Member Grade.
Proposals will be judged from R8 SAC in the following areas:
- Solid content and Planning;
- Alignment with program goals.
The proposal shall contain the following information:
- Summary of the proposal (max. 250 words)
- Description of the Local Student Paper Contest
- Proposed Title, Date, Venue and Organizing Team
- Preliminary Budget
- Suggested Program and Time Schedule
- Goals and KPIs
- Provide a short timeframe with milestones
- The event should be organized within the year of approval and in any case before the R8 SPC deadline for submissions
The submission shall:
- be a maximum of 6 pages (without endorsement letter);
- be in Times new roman font and 11 font size;
- be submitted in pdf format;
- include as attachment the endorsement letter.
The entries which exceed the minimum standards will receive up to 300$ per Student Branch or up to 500$ per Section to be used as secured funding. The funding will be sent in the (parent) Section’s bank account after the submission and evaluation of the final report. The funding does not cover virtual platforms costs and covers up to 80% of the total budget. Funding Eligibility Criteria and Outcome Reporting Rules are applied on this program.
April 20th, May 20th, June 20th, July 20th, August 20th, September 20th, October 20th
Application From: Submit your Application NOW
- Proposals Submission: April 20th, May 20th, June 20th, July 20th, August 20th, September 20th, October 20th
- Winners Announcement: 14 days after proposal submission deadline
- Event Implementation: by late November 2022
- Reporting Submission: by November 30th, 2022
- Funding Release: December 2022