The IEEE Region 8 Student Activities Committee is announcing the Student Networking Days Program. This program calls for student branch leaders (Student Branch Chairs and Counselors) to submit proposals for collaborative social and networking activities between student branches that mix fun with professional development. It targets to enhance the student members’ bonding and to establish collaboration with young professionals.
The program aims to:
- Enhance the bonding between student members;
- Establish collaborative activities between student branches;
- Be the meeting place for networking and social activities;
- Increase the motivation of student members and boost the student membership;
- Establish a mix of fun activities with professional development skills;
- Provide incentives for collaboration with Young Professionals for STEP events.
The program rules are the following:
- Applicants to this program can be only Student Branches that have submitted their annual report;
- The application should include an endorsement letter from the respective Student Branch Chairs or Counselors;
- The organizing OUs have to be at least two Student Branches;
- One applicant only is considered as the Financial Responsible (FR) OU;
- The FR OU receives the funding from the program;
- An endorsement from its Section Chair or Treasurer should be included.
- Participants should be students from the organizing OUs with a minimum participation of 5 members per participating Student Branch;
- The event must last at least two days and take place outside university;
- The program of the event should include at least one session for:
- IEEE Structure and Opportunities;
- Professional Development Workshop;
- Ice-breaking and bonding games;
- Networking and socializing sessions.
Proposals will be judged from R8 SAC in the following areas:
- Solid content and Planning;
- Benefits to students;
- Alignment with program goals.
The proposal shall contain the following information:
- Summary of the proposal (max. 250 words)
- Description of the proposed Student Networking Days event
- Proposed Title, Date, Venue and Organizing Team
- Preliminary Budget
- Suggested Program and Time Schedule
- Goals and KPIs
- Provide a short timeframe with milestones
- The event should be organized within the year of approval
The submission shall:
- be a maximum of 6 pages (without endorsement letter);
- be in Times new roman font and 11 font size;
- be submitted in pdf format;
- include as attachment the endorsement letter.
The entries which exceed the minimum standards will receive up to 200$ per participating student branch and up to 500$ per event to be used as secured funding. In case of collaboration with local Young Professionals (endorsement letter from local YP Chair is required), the secured funding could be increased up to 300$ per participating student branch and up to 1,000$ per event. The funding will be sent in the parent Section’s bank account after the submission and evaluation of the final report. The funding does not cover virtual events and costs, and covers up to 60% of the total budget. Funding Eligibility Criteria and Outcome Reporting Rules are applied on this program.
April 20th, May 20th, June 20th, July 20th, August 20th, September 20th, October 20th
Application From: Submit your Application NOW
- Proposals Submission: April 20th, May 20th, June 20th, July 20th, August 20th, September 20th, October 20th
- Winners Announcement: 14 days after proposal submission deadline
- Event Implementation: by late November 2022
- Reporting Submission: by November 30th, 2022
- Funding Release: December 2022