The Sectional Student Branch Leadership Camp Program focuses on training sessions for the Executive Committee members of the Student Branches. These events are organized in a sectional level by the SSR and SSAC team of each section and supported by R8 SAC. Leadership trainings that are supported by Region is part of the exemplary student branch award and this program provides exactly this opportunity to the student branches. These events take place in only one section at a time, and are an excellent opportunity to prepare and grow IEEE student volunteers for leadership roles in their local units and beyond.
The program aims to:
- Accelerate student volunteers’ knowledge of the IEEE’s organization, student services and resources;
- Help student volunteers understand their roles within their local units and within the entire organization;
- Create a succession tool that develops and prepares future IEEE volunteer leaders;
- Encourage student branch officers to transfer knowledge to their student members;
- Give more contextualization and formation about IEEE and guide Student Branches.
The program rules are the following:
- Applicants to this program can be only Sections;
- The application should include an endorsement from the Section Chair;
- Participants should be students from the organizing Section;
- Student Branch officers should be prioritized to participate;
- The event should have at least 10 participants from at least 4 different Student Branches;
- The IEEE R8 SAC logo should be included in all promotional materials;
- The program of the event should include at least one session for:
- IEEE Structure and Opportunities;
- Successful Student Branch Management;
- Professional and Soft Skills Development;
- Round Table Discussions.
Proposals will be judged from R8 SAC in the following areas:
- Solid content and Planning;
- Benefits to students;
- Alignment with program goals.
The proposal shall contain the following information:
- Summary of the proposal (max. 250 words)
- Description of the proposed Student Branch Leadership Camp
- Proposed Title, Date, Venue and Organizing Team
- The organizing team should include SSRs and SSACs, if applicable
- Preliminary Budget
- Suggested Program and Time Schedule
- Goals and KPIs
- Provide a short timeframe with milestones
- The event should be organized within the year of approval
The submission shall:
- be a maximum of 6 pages (without endorsement letter);
- be in Times new roman font and 11 font size;
- be submitted in pdf format;
- include as attachment the endorsement letter.
The entries which exceed the minimum standards will receive up to 500$ per section to be used as secured funding. The funding will be sent in the Section’s bank account after the submission and evaluation of the final report. The funding does not cover virtual platforms costs and covers up to 80% of the total budget. Funding Eligibility Criteria and Outcome Reporting Rules are applied on this program.
Final Deadline: October 20th
Application From: Submit your Application NOW
- Proposals Submission: April 20th, May 20th, June 20th, July 20th, August 20th, September 20th, October 20th
- Winners Announcement: 14 days after proposal submission deadline
- Event Implementation: by late November 2022
- Reporting Submission: by November 30th, 2022
- Funding Release: December 2022