The Sectional Student Branch Officers Meeting Program focuses on gathering all Student Branch officers of each section in a Congress format. It aims to allow sharing ideas, practices and different realities of each Student Branch. This program provides networking opportunities and contacts, ideas and motivation to Student Branch officers. During the Meeting, each student branch will have an opportunity to present its achievements of the past year and plan its next year through special sessions for each possible activity of a student branch. It is important to mention that branches participation in section functions is part of the exemplary student branch award and this program provides exactly this opportunity to the student branches of the Region. These events take place in only one section at a time, and are an excellent opportunity to prepare IEEE students branches for the upcoming year and help them in their operations and management.
The program aims to:
- Increase the interaction between Student Branches by meeting annually in a Congress format;
- Meet each other and create synergy and a spirit of cooperation between both students and student branches in each Section;
- Promote, share and concretize ideas;
- Provide IEEE operational knowledge especially for Region 8 and MGA Student Activities and guide Student Branches;
- Create a space to answer questions, give feedback and motivate sections and Student Branches.
The program rules are the following:
- Applicants to this program can be only Sections;
- The application should include an endorsement from the Section Chair;
- Participants should be students from the organizing Section;
- Student Branch officers should be prioritized to participate;
- The event should have at least 10 participants from at least 4 different Student Branches;
- The IEEE R8 SAC logo should be included in all promotional materials;
- The program of the event should include at least one session for:
- Sharing student branches latest activity;
- Planning future activities;
- Round Table Discussions.
- Proposed Topics:
- Share best practices;
- Section level programs, initiatives and contests;
- Collaboration between student branches;
- Any other topic of interest to students.
- Proposed Topics:
- Women in Engineering Student Symposium (optional)
Proposals will be judged from R8 SAC in the following areas:
- Solid content and Planning;
- Benefits to students;
- Alignment with program goals.
The proposal shall contain the following information:
- Summary of the proposal (max. 250 words)
- Description of the proposed Annual Student Branches Meeting
- Proposed Title, Date, Venue and Organizing Team
- The organizing team should include SSRs and SSACs, if applicable
- Preliminary Budget
- Suggested Program and Time Schedule
- Goals and KPIs
- Provide a short timeframe with milestones
- The event should be organized within the year of approval
The submission shall:
- be a maximum of 6 pages (without endorsement letter);
- be in Times new roman font and 11 font size;
- be submitted in pdf format;
- include as attachment the endorsement letter.
The entries which exceed the minimum standards will receive up to 500$ per section to be used as secured funding. In case of the Women in Engineering Symposium an additional funding of 200$ per section is considered (total of up to 700$ per section). The funding will be sent in the Section’s bank account after the submission and evaluation of the final report. The funding does not cover virtual platforms costs and covers up to 80% of the total budget. Funding Eligibility Criteria and Outcome Reporting Rules Rules are applied on this program.
Final Deadline: October 20th
Application From: Submit your Application NOW
- Proposals Submission: April 20th, May 20th, June 20th, July 20th, August 20th, September 20th, October 20th
- Winners Announcement: 14 days after proposal submission deadline
- Event Implementation: by late November 2022
- Reporting Submission: by November 30th, 2022
- Funding Release: December 2022