After the successful TISP Week event in 2016, where more than 750 teachers were trained in 16 IEEE Sections around IEEE Region 8, we are continuing the trend and organizing TISP Week 2017 this year.
Teacher In-Service Program (TISP) is a professional development workshop for school teachers to help them bring exciting hands-on activities to their classroom. More information about the program can be found here: http://www.ieee.org/education_careers/education/preuniversity/tispt/index.html
The TISP week is an ambitious program of Region 8 to conduct teacher training workshops in multiple Sections in the Region within a span of one or two weeks in November-December 2017.
This will showcase the incredible work being done by our education activities volunteers throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa, train teachers to deliver Inquiry Based Science Education sessions and will also help train more volunteers in the local sections. This event will also help our local volunteers deliver a public service through training teachers.
We plan to conduct workshops in as many sections as possible in Region 8 and would like to invite your Section to organize a TISP workshop for school teachers during this TISP week.
The following rules will apply for organizing a workshop as part of the TISP week:
1. A minimum of 30 school teachers will be trained.
2. The event will a minimum of one or a maximum of two days long.
3. The event dates will fall within the TISP week dates.
4. As our funds are limited, we would like to request the local Section to partially fund the organization of the event. IEEE TISP Week 2017 can fund the lesson plan materials for the workshop and would be grateful if the Section can fund the rest of the local costs of venue, etc. The funding amount is up to USD 250 per workshop and it will be reimbursed after submitting the reimbursement form.
5. A member of the local organizing committee will participate in monthly TISP week organizing committee online calls.
We will help your local organizing committee plan an effective agenda for the workshop.
There are lots of information and TISP resources in our website, http://tisp.ieeer8.org which I encourage you to visit.
Please let us know if your Section would like to participate in this incredible event. Kindly send your response by 15 September, 2017.
Please email me if you have any questions
Chair, IEEE Pre-University Education Coordinating Committee