What is IEEE from the students point of view?
Student life, along with it’s many positive features, also contains a certain amount of chaos. IEEE has created a set of benefits specifically targeted for students in order to fill the void and increase the positive experience for students on their way to becoming an expert in their field. These benefits are, but not limited to:
1. Your Own Personal Subscription to IEEE Spectrum and Potentials
Winner of prestigious awards, IEEE Spectrum delivers, on a monthly basis, the latest technological information with behind-the-scenes stories to put the news in context. IEEE Potentials discusses career issues and other subjects of interest to those starting out in the electrical and computer engineering professions.
2. Enhancing Your Career by Networking with Technical Experts
Participate in Student Branch activities, and in local, professional Section and Chapter meetings where members meet members and industry leaders to discuss technical and professional issues and career concerns.
3. Save with Low Member Prices on IEEE Products
Your membership gives you access to the world’s most comprehensive source of electrical and electronics publications, specialized books, conference records and published standards. IEEE provides the best technical information in the world and your membership entitles you to low member prices on all of it.
4. Attend Top Technical Conferences at Low Member Rates
Accept invitations to attend and participate in numerous technical conferences in a variety of technical interest areas as well as educational seminars, technical and professional programs and courses.
5. Establish Yourself Early in the Profession’s Premier Technical Organization
IEEE members are the technical and scientific professionals making the revolutionary engineering advances which are reshaping our world today. To enable young professionals who join IEEE as students to maintain their membership through the early years of their career, IEEE provides a graduated dues program. When you graduate with your first professional degree, with no interruption to your IEEE membership, you may be eligible for up to your years of reduced IEEE dues and assessments.
6. IEEE Member Discounts
IEEE Member Discounts can help you save money on products and services for the home & office including insurance. Program availability varies by country.
7. Participate in your local Student Branch
IEEE units are one of the most positive elements because they:
- improve the overall academic atmosphere;
- faculty is strongly and positively affected by the enthusiasm and student accomplishments;
- overall improvement in the learning environment greatly contributes to the students own learning;
- growth the reputation of the department and the institution is helped as such an enthusiastic group goes out and gets jobs.