The IEEE Region 8 Vice Chair, Member Activities (VCMA) shall chair the IEEE Region 8 Member Activities Committee and be responsible for planning, leadership, and guidance for activities relating to IEEE Region 8 members, including the areas of Membership Development, admission and advancement, affinity group programs (Young Professionals, WIE – Women in Engineering and Life Members), Publications & Communications, History and Humanitarian Activities.
The Region 8 Vice-Chair for Member Activities for 2019/20 is Adeel Sultan (UAE Section).
He can be contacted via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Member Activities and Subcommittees
IEEE Region 8 Member Activities Subcommittees & Coordinators:
- Membership Development – Ievgen Pichkalov (Ukraine)
- Young Professionals – Vinko Lesic (Croatia)
- Publications & Communications – Christopher James (UKRI)
- WIE (Women In Engineering) – Ana Cigarán Romero (Germany)
- LM (Life Members) – Victor Fouad Hanna (France)
- HA (History Activities) – Tony Davies (UK and Ireland)
- Humanitarian Activities – John Funso-Adebayo (Nigeria)
Region 8 Member Activities focus on the following goals and objectives:
- Improve the value of IEEE membership by increasing services and benefits to R8 members
- Develop non-technical IEEE activities in the Region (including contests, awards and promotion programs)
- Foster members’ awareness of IEEE activities and existing benefits
- Support Region 8 initiatives and inform other IEEE organizational units about them
- Increase membership and develop retention strategies
- Develop local retention and membership programs
- Enhance member’s careers
- Provide a platform for co-ordination, motivation and interaction among R8 members and organisational units
- Provide input to the IEEE Membership Development Committee regarding R8 issues
- Assure IEEE membership promotion at IEEE Conferences and other events in R8
- Promote and support MA officers in R8 Sections
- Provide Training & Orientations for Section MA officers
- Help in formation, organisation and development of non-technical IEEE organisational units (including affinity groups)
- Provide support to and rejuvenate IEEE organisational units
- Help with communication between existing IEEE organisational units
- Represent R8 members’ interests and voice their concerns
- Introduce new ideas and proposals and implement initiatives for new activities within the membership responsibilities.
- Assure recruitment of new members and volunteers, control retention of active members and recovery of arrears.
- Promote and support member grade elevation
- Support and provide recognition of IEEE voluneers