The IEEE Region 8 Vice-Chair, Member Activities (VCMA) shall chair the IEEE Region 8 Member Activities Committee and be responsible for planning, leadership, and guidance for activities related to IEEE Region 8 members, including the areas of Membership Development, admission and advancement, affinity group programs (Young Professionals, Women in Engineering and Life Members), Electronic Communications, Region 8 News, History and Humanitarian Activities.
The Region 8 Vice-Chair for Member Activities for 2021/22 is Sara Pena Barros (Benelux Section).
The Vice-Chair can be reached directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Member Activities and Subcommittees
IEEE Region 8 Member Activities Subcommittees & Coordinators:
- Membership Development – Mike Hinchey (UK&Ireland Section)
- YP (Young Professionals) – Almedin Kavaz (Germany Section)
- Region 8 News – Cátia Bandeiras (Portugal Section)
- WIE (Women In Engineering) – Maria-Alexandra Paun (Switzerland Section)
- LM (Life Members) – Péter Magyar (Germany Section)
- HA (History Activities) – Martin Bastiaans (Benelux Section)
- Humanitarian Activities – Abdullateef Aliyu (Nigeria Section)
To contact all Chairs and Coordinators, please e-mail: email@example.com.
For a description of the individual teams, contacts, activities and plans, please visit their page by clicking on the respective link.
Region 8 Member Activities focus on the following goals and objectives:
- Improve the value of IEEE membership by increasing services and benefits to R8 members
- Develop non-technical IEEE activities in the Region (including contests, awards and promotion programs)
- Foster members’ awareness of IEEE activities and existing benefits
- Support Region 8 initiatives and inform other IEEE organizational units about them
- Increase membership and develop retention strategies
- Develop local retention and membership programs
- Enhance member’s careers
- Provide a platform for co-ordination, motivation and interaction among R8 members and organisational units
- Provide input to the IEEE Membership Development Committee regarding R8 issues
- Assure IEEE membership promotion at IEEE Conferences and other events in R8
- Promote and support MA officers in R8 Sections
- Provide Training & Orientations for Section MA officers
- Help in formation, organisation and development of non-technical IEEE organisational units (including affinity groups)
- Provide support to and rejuvenate IEEE organisational units
- Help with communication between existing IEEE organisational units
- Represent R8 members’ interests and voice their concerns
- Introduce new ideas and proposals and implement initiatives for new activities within the membership responsibilities.
- Assure recruitment of new members and volunteers, control retention of active members and recovery of arrears.
- Promote and support member grade elevation
- Support and provide recognition of IEEE voluneers