The IEEE Region 8 Nominations and Appointments (N&A) Subcommittee is soliciting nominations for the following leadership positions:
- IEEE Region 8 2017-2018 Secretary (two year commitment)
- IEEE Region 8 2017-2018 Treasurer (two year commitment)
- IEEE Region 8 2017 Vice Chair, Member Activities (one year commitment)
- IEEE Region 8 2017 Vice Chair, Student Activities (one year commitment)
- IEEE Region 8 2017 Vice Chair, Technical Activities one year commitment)
The Region 8 N&A Subcommittee is also soliciting nominations for the members of the 2017-2018 IEEE Region 8 Nominations and Appointments Subcommittee. Candidates must fulfill one of the following criteria at the time of their election (see the Region 8 Operations Manual, section R8-6.1.2):
- be a Section Chair in office
- have been a Section Chair within the past 3 years
- have been a Section Chair and currently holding an elected or appointed position of the R8 Committee.
Please submit your suggestions/nominations by filling the IEEE Region 8 Nomination form (available at the IEEE Region 8 website in the ‘Documents‘ section) and sending it to Martin Bastiaans, Chair of the IEEE Region 8 Nominations and Appointments Subcommittee, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 June 2016.
These IEEE Region 8 officers and members of the IEEE Region 8 N&A Subcommittee will be elected at the Region 8 Committee meeting in Porto, Portugal, September 2016. The Region 8 Committee members and all the nominees will be informed about the recommended slate of candidates for officers 5-6 weeks prior to the meeting.
For all further details, including petition processes, please refer to the IEEE Region 8 Bylaws and the IEEE Region 8 Operations Manual (available at the IEEE Region 8 website in the ‘Documents‘ section), in particular the sections and R8-3.1.5-7 in the Bylaws, and the sections R8-4.4-6 ‘Secretary, Treasurer and Vice Chairs’ and R8-5 ‘Elections and appointments procedures’ in the Operations Manual.