IEEE publishes the number one journal in electrical and electronic engineering, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, according to the 2009 Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Report, released June 2010. IEEE journals across several technology areas also earned high-ranking in this Impact Factor report.
IEEE placed 16 of the top 20 journals in electrical and electronic engineering — leading the category for another year. IEEE also publishes the number one journal in automation and control systems, computer science-software engineering, and robotics.
According to the 2009 Journal Citation Report, IEEE publishes:
• 16 of the top 20 journals in electrical and electronic engineering
• 9 of the top 10 journals in telecommunications
• 6 of the top 10 journals in computer science, Hardware and architecture
• 3 of the top 5 journals in automation and control systems
• 3 of the top 5 journals in computer science, software engineering
• 2 of the top 5 journals in computer science, artificial intelligence
• 2 of the top 5 journals in robotics
Journal Citation Reports offer a systematic, objective means to critically evaluate the world’s leading journals. By compiling articles’ cited references, the Journal Citation Reports help to measure research influence and impact, and shows the relationship between citing and cited journals.