We are pleased to announce the winners of the IEEE Region 8 Acceleration Program 2017-18.
Pre-University Education Category
1. Animation in Education (Egypt Section – Zewail City Student Branch) – Winner
A regional website offering animated educational resources from qualified instructors to teach concepts of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
2. Arduino A to Z (Greece Section – IEEE Student Branch of Thrace) – Runner-up
A coordinated 4-month long training program, run by university students and supervised by professors, to introduce programming and robotics to school students.
3. Career Training Campus (Jordan Section – Al-Balqa Applied University Student Branch) – Runner-up
A week-long camp organized in collaboration with the Ministry of Education of Jordan to introduce engineering and science careers to high school students in different schools spread throughout the country.
University Education Category
1. Piece of Game (Greece Section – University of Thessaly Student Branch) – Winner
Development of a multi-lingual platform which enhances the learning of university level educational content through the use of video games.
2. Robotic Operating System (Turkey Section – Eastern Mediterranean University Student Branch) – Runner-up
A training program and competition aimed at developing the skill of university students in 3D modelling, programming, algorithms and interfacing to create robotic systems.
Congratulations to all!