IEEE AFRICON 2021
“Contributing to the Industrialisation of Africa through Innovations in Science and Technology”
13-15 September, Arusha, Tanzania
Dear Colleagues – Members of IEEE,
We are currently accepting technical paper submissions for our flagship conference, IEEE AFRICON 2021. AFRICON is an IEEE Region 8 flagship conference on the African continent. IEEE AFRICON 2021 will be held in Arusha, Tanzania, 13 – 15 September 2021. The conference is co-sponsored by IEEE Region 8, the IEEE Tanzania Sub-section, and Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology. Topics cover the full area of IEEE, e.g., Communications, Networks, Electronics, Power and Energy, Mobile Computing, Cloud Computing, Industrial Applications, Artificial Intelligence, Nanotechnology, and E-learning. This conference will feature world-class plenary speakers, major technical symposiums, industry and academic panels, workshops, tutorials, and invited tracks.
The CONFERENCE VENUE is Arusha International Conference Center (AICC)
Important Notice: If the COVID-19 pandemic and travel ban from some countries prevent authors of accepted papers from attending the conference, arrangements for virtual presentations will be made for such authors.
- Artificial and Computational Intelligence
- Cloud Computing, Small Data, and Big Data Engineering
- Communication Networks
- Innovations for Digital Transformation and Industrial Development
- Industrial Electronics, Control, Autonomous Systems, Instrumentation, and Consumer Applications
- Power and Energy Systems
- 4th Developing Countries Robotics Forum
- Sustainable Broadband Connectivity & Digital Entrepreneurship for Africa
We are also inviting undergraduate student authors to participate in the student paper contest.
See details on the website.
Please find the pdf version of the FINAL CfP at:
- 14 May 2021 – EXTENDED Full paper deadline FIRM
- 14 May 2021 – EXTENDED Special Sessions deadline FIRM
- 25 June 2021 – Student Paper Contest submission deadline
- 25 June 2021 – Paper acceptance notification
- 16 July 2021 – Early registration, Camera-ready papers
EARLY REGISTRATION FEES
- IEEE Member: USD 410
- IEEE Student Member: USD 250
- IEEE Life Member: USD 250
- Non-IEEE members: USD 530
- Students non-member: USD 300
- One Day only: USD 150
- Workshop/Tutorial/Special Sessions: USD 150
- Accompanying person: USD 200
LATE REGISTRATION FEES
- IEEE Member: USD 450
- IEEE Student Member: USD 300
- IEEE Life Member: USD 300
- Non-IEEE members: USD 600
- Students non-member: USD 350
*Registration Fee is Inclusive of welcome Reception, Gala Dinner, Keynotes, Technical Sessions, Conference Bag, Proceedings on USB, Lunch, coffee breaks and snacks, mineral water, writing pads, and pens.
All accepted papers and presented during the conference will be published in the conference proceedings. The conference proceedings will be submitted to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library®.
For further details about the conference please visit:
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any additional information you may require (firstname.lastname@example.org).
IEEE AFRICON 2021 organizing team