IEEE Region 8 Education Activities Committee is organizing the ‘IEEE Region 8 Teacher In-Service Program (TISP) Week’ from 8-16 October, 2016. The event will have multiple IEEE Sections organizing TISP teacher training workshops in their Sections. TISP workshops have IEEE-trained volunteers providing inquiry based science education training to school teachers based on the lesson plans provided on tryengineering.org and trycomputing.org. They’ll follow up the workshops with regular contact with the school teachers to evaluate impact.
The aim of the event is to
- train school teachers to conduct inquiry based science education (IBSE) hands-on activities in the classroom;
- train teachers on how to motivate students in the classroom toward a better understanding of engineering;
- highlight the excellent work being done by our Sections to promote TISP in their localities;
- re-energize the inactive TISP volunteers into organizing a TISP teacher training workshops in the Section;
- gather data from school teachers about the impact of the TISP program in their classroom.
The following Sections are organizing a workshop as part of TISP Week with about 600 teachers being planned to be trained – Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, Greece, Iran, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Malta, Palestine (sub-Section), Spain, Tunisia, UAE and Uganda.
For more information, please visit http://tisp.ieeer8.org