IEEE WIE UKI goal is to facilitate the recruitment and retention of women in technical disciplines globally. We envision a vibrant community of IEEE women and men collectively using their diverse talents to innovate for the benefit of humanity. IEEE WIE UK and Ireland through the Ambassador Scheme are calling women in engineering to participate in a technical, inspirational and empowering session tagged “EARLY CAREER TALK”. The first IEEE WIE UKI “EARLY CAREER TALK” event was successfully held on April 8th and October 16th of this year. It has attracting attention from both academia and industry.
This third event converges the novel (state-of-the-Art) research areas in Engineering, establishing networking/collaboration links, exploring new research opportunities for developing interactions between Academia, Industry and Government fostering economic and social development.
Criteria for who should apply and how to apply:
This session welcomes speakers/presenters from any part of the world who are:
• PhD students close to graduation and have published papers in respectful
• Engineers who have participated in innovative projects.
This programme supports women from academia or industry who have been in an
industry/postgraduate position for less than 10 years.
When applying, include the following information:
1. Area of career (academia/industry);
2. Research interests or work field;
3. What the talk about (100-word),
4. Speaker bio (including links and web pages with photo).
- The call for Third Event of ‘Early Career Talk’ closes Nov 20 th, 2021
The Session will be held and delivered virtually on Saturday Dec 11 th, 2021, at 11 am.
- If you would like to participate in this exciting workshop, please email the documents required to Dr.
Nagham Saeed (IEEE WIE UKI Ambassadors Network lead) on [email protected].
- Recommended email title is: “Opportunity to participate in Early Career Talk”.
We look forward to receiving your submission.