Ana Margarida Trigo
Pre-University Activities Works Committee aims to encourage pre-university students to follow Engineering. In order to do that PUWC has a variety of programs and contest in order to:
- Inform pre-university student parents about the Engineering way of thinking and its role in society
- Encourage the technological literacy of pre-university students
- Support Educators in implementing tryengineering.org lesson plans
- Help pre-university students develop essential non-technical skills
The objective of this committee, working under the tutelage of the Professional and Educational Activities Sub-Committee is to support Student members in their path to develop their non-technical and technical skills and to spread and encourage the creation of education-driven university activities by IEEE volunteers on Region 8, such as :
- Online Educational University-level resources
- Peer-aided engineering study groups
- Student-papers publications development
- University educational-activities news spreading
- Entrepreneurship Week
Continuing Educational Activities Works Committee aims to support IEEE members to their professional life by providing resources and programs that help them develop both their technical and non-technical skills.
Such programs are the PEA Speakers Program and the Entrepreneurship Week, IEEE’s eLearning Library and Technical English programs and many more.