The IEEE Region 8 Professional and Educational Sub-Committee is calling for IEEE Region 8 members, to join the judges team for the Acceleration Contest. The judges team will be responsible to review and evaluate the submitted proposals of the contest and select the winner of each area. The judges team for each educational level will consist of 3 judges. The proposals are focused on 3 educational levels: Pre-Univerisity Education, University Education and Continuing Education.
Each judge will evaluate the submitted proposals on the following areas:
- Innovation of the idea;
- The educational outcomes of the idea;
- Scalability of the idea;
- Sustainability of the idea;
- Humanitarian aspects of the idea;
- The number of the MGA goals the idea is aligned with;
Those who are interested to be a judge shall complete the following criteria:
- Have previously teaching experience
- Have previous experience in the pre-defined areas of education
If you are interested to be a member of the judges team please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org until 15 October, 2019, including your CV (showing the experience you have as described in the criteria) and the Educational Level you’re willing to evaluate.
Important: By applying for being a judge, applicants commit that they will be able to finish evaluation of proposals before the 1st of November and that they will be available for a webmeeting on the 1st of November.
- 29 October 2019 – Judges Submission Deadline
- 31 October 2019 – Judges selection and notification by email
- 31 October 2019 – Access to submitted proposals and beginning of evaluation
- 10 November 2019 – Webmeeting for evaluation approval
- 15 November 2019 – Announcement of winners
Further information about the contest, can be found at: https://bit.ly/31WEO3i