We would like to invite proposals to host the upcoming IEEE Region 8 Student and Young Professional Congress 2022.
The Region 8 SYP Congress is the biggest IEEE event for students and young professionals in Region 8. 400+ members from across the region come together for five days to enhance their knowledge, expand their network, develop skills, socialise with others from a variety of cultural backgrounds and have a lot of fun!
Many students regard the SYP Congress as the highlight of their IEEE experience, so if you would like to host this prestigious event in your University in summer 2022, submit a proposal to us now!
Writing of a Proposal
To nominate your IEEE Student Branch to host the next SYP Congress, you must submit a proposal document to us, explaining how your IEEE team will facilitate this event and some ideas for the event programme. Suggestions for a well-prepared proposal include:
- Demonstrate that you have an enthusiastic team that is experienced enough for the task and have ideally participated in a previous edition of the Congress.
- Collaborate with your local IEEE Section officers, local Young Professionals and Women in Engineering affinity groups, Humanitarian Activities Committees, etc.
- Show that you have the infrastructure within your chosen city to host the event, which includes:
- Attendee accommodation.
- Transportation and travel options.
- Catering (keep in mind diverse dietary needs).
- Facilities for hosting workshops, panel sessions, plenary sessions, and networking.
- Facilities for social events.
- Present and showcase your chosen city and suggest tours and/or cultural activities.
- Include a preliminary five-day schedule and a budget estimation.
- Show innovation and creativity!
For full details and advice on how to organize a Student and Young Professional Congress in your University, please download and read The SYP Congress Manual.
How to Apply
The nomination is a multi-stage process.
First, a two page proposal shall be submitted to us, before 21st of September 2021. This proposal should include essential items such as: the date, location, team members, why you should be selected, student branch background and experience, ideas for the program, etc. Based on this first stage proposal, we will provide valuable feedback and suggestions for the next phase. This stage is mandatory to submit your final proposal.
Please submit the first proposal with the subject: “IEEE R8 SYP First Proposal-<Name of SB>” to email@example.com.
The final proposal shall be submitted by 30 September 2021. This proposal should be less than 25 pages in length, and will be used to fully evaluate the ability of the candidates to host the IEEE R8 SYP Congress 2022. The final decision regarding the host of SYP Congress will be announced in mid-October prior to the Region 8 Autumn Meeting.
Please submit your proposal with the subject: “IEEE R8 SYP Final Proposal-<Name of SB>” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Region 8 Student and Young Professional Congress has been hosted in a wide variety of Sections in the past. We equally welcome applications from new and previous hosting countries, so start your application now to bring the SYP 2022 to your members!