We are thrilled to announce the call for proposals for the IEEE Region 8 Student and Young Professional Congresses 2024.
R8 SYP congress is by far, the biggest IEEE event for students and young professionals in Region 8!
During this event, more than three hundred participants come together for five days to develop their skills, enhance their knowledge, expand their network, socialize with others from a variety of cultural backgrounds and have a lot of fun!
Therefore, we (R8 Student Activities Committee and the R8 Young Professionals Committee) are delighted to invite proposals for hosting the upcoming IEEE R8 Student and Young Professional Congress 2024.
Many students regard the SYP Congress as the highlight of their IEEE experience, so if you would like to host this prestigious event in your University in the summer of 2024, this is your chance to take on this challenge!
Writing of a Proposal
To nominate your IEEE Student Branch to host the next SYP Congress, you must submit a proposal document to us, explaining how your IEEE team will facilitate this event and some ideas for the event program. Suggestions for a well-prepared proposal include:
- Demonstrate that you have an enthusiastic team that is experienced enough for the task and have ideally participated in a previous edition of the Congress.
- Collaborate with your local IEEE Section officers, local Young Professionals and Women in Engineering affinity groups, Humanitarian Activities Committees, etc.
- Show that you have the infrastructure within your chosen city to host the event, which includes:
- Attendee accommodation
- Transportation and travel options
- Catering (keep in mind diverse dietary needs)
- Facilities for hosting workshops, panel sessions, plenary sessions, and networking
- Facilities for social events
- Reliable internet connection
- Present and showcase your chosen city and suggest tours and/or cultural activities.
- Include a preliminary five-day schedule and a budget estimation.
- Show innovation and creativity!
For full details and advice on how to organize a Student and Young Professional Congress in your University, please download and read The SYP Congress Manual.
How to Apply
The nomination is a multi-stage process.
First, a two-page proposal shall be submitted to us, before May 15th, 2023. This proposal should include essential items such as: the date, location, team members, why you should be selected, student branch background and experience, ideas for the program, etc. Based on this first-stage proposal, we will provide valuable feedback and suggestions for the next phase. This stage is mandatory to submit your final proposal.
Please submit the first proposal by selecting “first stage proposal” on the form.
The final proposal shall be submitted by June 15th, 2023. This proposal should be less than 25 pages in length and will be used to fully evaluate the ability of the candidates to host the IEEE R8 SYP Congress 2024. Don’t forget to involve your Section Chair in the process since they will be vital in case you are selected. The final decision regarding the host of the SYP Congress will be announced during the Region 8 Sections Congress, on August 11th.
Please submit the second proposal by selecting “second stage proposal” on the FORM.
The Region 8 Student and Young Professional Congress has been hosted in a wide variety of Sections in the past. We equally welcome applications from new and previous hosting countries, so this is an exceptional opportunity for you to step up and showcase your team’s talents!
Start your application now and bring the SYP 2024 to your members!
If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us via the same email. We look forward to hearing from you!
2022 | Tunis, Tunisia
2020 | Virtual SYP
2018 | Porto, Portugal
2016 | Regensburg, Germany
2014 | Krakow, Poland
2012 | Madrid, Spain
2010 | Leuven, Belgium
2008 | London, UK
2006 | Paris, France
2004 | Passau, Germany
2002 | Cairo, Egypt
2000 | Eindhoven, Netherlands
1998 | Istanbul, Turkey