The Alpha Engineers Competition is an IEEE R8 Professional and Educational Activities programme addressed to the IEEE Region 8 Sections and sub-Sections only, that aims at organizing events for promoting engineering to the community via various means. The goals of the programme are to:
- Empower section volunteers to collaborate with their local pre-university community;
- Promote STEM, in particular engineering;
- Enhance the level of technical literacy of pre-university educators and pupils;
- Encourage pre-university students to pursue technical careers, including engineering;
- Increase the general level of technical literacy of pre-university students throughout their education;
- Change the views on engineering and accentuate the importance of engineering in the world.
The sessions/events can be delivered by IEEE volunteers or invited speakers (IEEE members or non-IEEE members). A set of activities are eligible for the Alpha Engineers competition. These are being further described in Alpha Engineers Competition handbook.
- Teacher In-Service Program (TISP) workshops.
- TISP 2.0
- Working with children training events for volunteers.
- Engineering talks for parents.
- Career talks for upper level pupils.
- Online talks for schools.
- Science Fairs Participation
IEEE Region 8 Sections and sub-Sections