Τhere is a need to recognize the essential work of the student branches in Region 8 regarding student membership growth, but also to promote and encourage student branches to work on that direction. The purpose of this award is to recognize the greatest year-to-year student membership increase by Region 8 Student Branches. The following categories of Student Branches will be considered:
- Large: 50 or more total student members as of 31 December of the past year
- Small/Medium: 49 or fewer total student members as of 31 December of the past year
- Newbie: established the past year
- All Region 8 Student Branches which have successfully reported their annual plan and their officers roster are eligible for the award according to their relative size;
- No Student Branch may receive two such Awards within three years;
- Three such Awards will be presented annually; one for each category.
All eligible Student Branches are nominated automatically.
Deadline follows the Region 8 Awards official deadline.
The selection for this award is according to the latest IEEE Annual Statistics, as follows:
- Large: YoY student branch total membership relative increase, and in case a tie the absolute increase
- Small/Medium: YoY student branch total membership absolute increase, and in case a tie the relative increase
- Newbie: The student branch with the most members
A digital certificate, a customized award plaque and $250 cash award for each winner.