The Award is intended to recognize the outstanding performance of Region 8
- Technical Chapters (categories: Small/Middle and Large)
- Student Branch Chapters
in serving their members and the technical community and establishing goodwill within and between the Region 8 Sections. Any active single or joint Society or Council or Student Branch Chapters of Region 8 is eligible for the award.
The selection is based on the outstanding performance of the nominated chapter, reflected by the completed nomination form and supporting documents. In selecting award recipients, the relevant awards ad hoc committee considers contributions of the nominee to chapter activities.
Nomination and Selection Procedure
To be considered as a nominee, this form must be completed describing activities and associated contributions made by the nominee in the activity period January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2019. This activity should also be presented with appropriate supporting documents e.g. meeting programs, newsletters, councils/societies’ or councils/societies’ newsletter articles or website addresses.
The nomination must be endorsed by the section chair. The section chair (or a designated section authority) is kindly requested to submit the completed nomination form and upload supporting documents online.
The submission portal for IEEE Region 8 awards will be open only from 30 January to 31 August 2020. The link to the portal is http://ieee-r8.fluidreview.com/. Please note that the nominations sent before or after those dates will not be considered.
The submission deadline is 31 August 2019.
For further information, please contact the Chapter Coordination Subcommittee Chair at email@example.com.
Additional information on IEEE Region 8 Awards can be found here.
IEEE R8 Chapter of the Year Awards Winners for 2019
We are proud to announce the R8 Chapter of the Year Awards Winners for 2019 (for the work in 2018):
- Large Chapter: IEEE Tunisia Section Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) Chapter
- Small Chapter: IEEE Algeria Section Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society (GRSS) Chapter
Student Branch Chapters (SBCs):
- Large SBC: National Institute of Applied Science and Technology (INSAT) IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) Chapter, Tunisia Section
- Medium SBC: University of Manchester IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) Chapter, UK & IR Section
- Small SBC: Al-Balqa Applied University IEEE Communications Society Chapter, Jordan Section
CONGRATULATIONS to the Chapter leadership, volunteers, respective Sections and to the universities hosting the SBCs!