The IEEE recognizes the efforts of its volunteers and the contributions of its members within its fields of interest. On this page, you can find more information on the various awards that are organized in Region 8, as well as the links to the different MGA awards.
The most important Region 8 awards are:
- The Region 8 Volunteer Award
- The Region 8 Outstanding Section Award (categories: Small, Medium and Large)
- The Region 8 Chapter of the Year Awards (categories: Small/Middle and Large)
- The Region 8 Student Branch Chapter of the Year Award
- The Clementina Saduwa Award
- Region 8 Women in Engineering Section Affinity Group of the Year Award
- Region 8 Women in Engineering Student Affinity Group of the Year Award
- Region 8 Outstanding Women in Engineering Section Volunteer Award
- Region 8 Outstanding Women in Engineering Student Volunteer Award
- The Region 8 Young Professionals Exceptional Volunteer Award
- The Region 8 Outstanding Young Professionals Affinity Group Award
These awards work on a single yearly schedule, with typical submission deadline on February 15 the following year. Submissions must be made using the Region 8 Award Portal . Nominations sent through other means or after the deadline will not be considered.
The R8 Student Activities Committee manages its own student award program.